TribePUNCH™ Season Five 2020
We are excited to bring you Season Five 2020! Many clubs will be open again. Some will be offering a combination of virtual sessions and in-club sessions, while others will be able to offer full in-club sessions. Regardless of your situation, this season’s design is no different to the last. We will ensure that irrespective of the level of restrictions at your club, and your club policies, we’ve got you!
You will find all the necessary options and coaching tips to successfully deliver another incredible season whilst adhering to all your government policies and club protocols. Stay safe team!
We have included some key tips to ensure that the season can be delivered successfully in your clubs. Please be sure to read the page before you begin the season. Please also adhere to your government health and safety guidelines.
Exercises in red have a direct link to vimeo. Simply click on the red exercise for a full video presentation.
We have developed educational support that will give us some of the essential tools to coach our teams, and everyone in our teams to reach their full training potential. Before beginning to coach this season, we encourage and recommend that you click on the:
1. TRIBE Ready Stance – to learn how to coach and set up for safe movement
2. TRIBE Coaching System – to learn how to coach team members safely and effectively
Note: You can also click on the hyperlinks below to watch vimeo videos to support your learning.
1. TRIBE Ready Stance/Position
2. TRIBE Coaching System
Our focus when delivering the season is to:
- Know the program and study each workout. We have provided some great coaching tips to help map out our sessions.
- Know our team so we can apply our full progression / regression strategies for each of the exercises featured. See TRIBE Ready Stance and TRIBE Coaching System for assistance.
- Use Howell’s (1982) conscious/competence model as discussed in module. This will help us understand where they are ‘at’ and give us a great cueing platform for each individual member.
- Take care of each member and create memorable entertaining sessions.
This season is inspired by one of the cleverer boxers of his time, Ken Buchanan. Born in Edinburgh, Scotland he turned pro in 1965 and won both the Scottish and British lightweight crowns before traveling to the USA, gaining world-wide recognition. He became the first lightweight champion since 1917 when he won the title in 1970 against Hiram Bithorn in a split decision. Buchanan continued his hall of fame career losing and regaining his title two more times until his retirement in 1983.
This hall of famer finished his career with a record of Bouts: 70, Wins: 62, Loses: 8, Wins by KO: 28.