TribeLIFE™ Season Five 2020
Welcome to TribeLIFETM Season Five 2020! Many clubs will be open again. Some will be offering a combination of virtual sessions and in-club sessions, others will be able to offer full in-club sessions. Regardless of your situation, this season’s design is no different to the last. We will ensure that irrespective of the level of restrictions at your club, and your club policies, we’ve got you! You will find all the necessary options and coaching tips to successfully deliver another incredible season whilst adhering to all your government policies and club protocols.
We’ve got a classic functional training plan ahead. As we surpass the middle of the year, it is a great time to reset the body through simplicity of programming design.
We start this season focusing on strength, stability, and conditioning. By strengthening the primary muscles in conjunction with the stabilizer muscles we can create muscular strength, positional strength, and strength of movement. During this phase we will manipulate our formulas and exercise selections to build a stronger heart through cardiovascular fitness and to increase our base conditioning levels.
Our second phase of development focuses on mobility, power, and work capacity. With increased strength and stability, we can safely switch our focus to increased load and target better mobility (stability before mobility). The increased mobility allows for safer range of motion under load which then allows us to include power into our development plan. During this phase we will be manipulating our formulas to progressively increase volume to develop greater work capacity. Work capacity essentially means the amount of work the body can perform, effectively recover from, to form positive adaptation.
From all of us here at TRIBE Team Training® – 3, 2, 1, GO!
Click on the red exercise and it will take you straight to the vimeo support video’s.
Understanding the Whiteboard
Our overall coaching goal is to bring our members to new levels of understanding to produce stronger, leaner functionally fit bodies. Each session has:
- A Training Objective which we use to explain why we’re training the way we are for each session.
- A detailed description of the Formula and gaming behind each workout.
- Coaching Tips to support the coach and enhance the delivery of each session.
We have developed educational support that will give us some of the essential tools to coach our teams, and everyone in our teams to reach their full training potential. Before beginning to coach this season, we encourage and recommend that you click on the:
1. TRIBE Ready Stance – to learn how to coach and set up for safe movement
2. TRIBE Coaching System – to learn how to coach team members safely and effectively
Note: You can also click on the hyperlinks below to watch vimeo videos to support your learning.
1. TRIBE Ready Stance/Position
2. TRIBE Coaching System
Our focus when delivering the season is to:
- Know the program and study each workout. We have provided some great coaching tips to help us map out our sessions.
- Know our team so we can apply our full progression / regression strategies for each of the exercises featured. See TRIBE Ready Stance and TRIBE Coaching System for assistance.
- Use Howell’s (1982) conscious/competence model as discussed in module. This will help us understand where they are ‘at’ and give us a great cueing platform for each individual member.
- Take care of each member, connect with their families and create memorable entertaining sessions.