TribeCORE™ Season Five 2020
Welcome to TribeCORETM Season Five 2020! We have another truly unique TribeCORETM experience for you and your teams. Many clubs will be open again. Some will be offering a combination of virtual sessions and in-club sessions, others will be able to offer full in-club sessions. Regardless of your situation, this season’s design is no different to the last. We will ensure that irrespective of the level of restrictions at your club, and your club policies, we’ve got you! You will find all the necessary options and coaching tips to successfully deliver another incredible season whilst adhering to all your government policies and club protocols.
This season has a different feel as we harness our inner primal animal. Primal movements are not new to us, they are as old as the evolution of the human animal. The benefits are vast; they are performed with constant pressure on the muscles through controlled and deliberate movement variations. This improves coordination (with using a high metabolic demand), it increases joint stability and increases muscle flexibility. With this improved flexibility, it allows for increased range of motion.
With all that said, and simply put, our exercise selection and formula creation for our first development phase is designed to create greater movement control, to increase joint stability, develop base conditioning levels and increase flexibility.
This wonderful (and very natural) development gives us a foundation to then add more load to open our primary points of mobility (hips, shoulders, and thoracic spine). This lets us then focus our development on mobility, strength, and stamina.
We know your teams will love the results they get with this season and we can’t wait to see your teams’ successes. From all of us here at TRIBE Team Training® 3, 2, 1, GO (said with a primal accent Grrrrroooo )!
Click on the red exercise and it will take you straight to the vimeo support video’s.
Understanding the Whiteboard
We coach the ‘how’s’ and ‘why’s’ of what we do to keep working within our pillar of strength to build integrity from the inside out.
Each session has:
- A Training Objective which we use to explain why we’re training the way we are for each session.
- A detailed description of the Formula and gaming behind each workout.
- Coaching Tips to assist us in delivering world class sessions week after week.
We have developed educational support that will give us some of the essential tools to coach our teams, and everyone in our teams to reach their full training potential. Before beginning to coach this season, we encourage and recommend that you click on the:
1. TRIBE Ready Stance – to learn how to coach and set up for safe movement
2. TRIBE Coaching System – to learn how to coach team members safely and effectively
Note: You can also click on the hyperlinks below to watch vimeo videos to support your learning.
1. TRIBE Ready Stance/Position
2. TRIBE Coaching System
Our focus when delivering the season is to:
- Know the program and study each workout. We have provided some great coaching tips to help us map out our sessions.
- Know our team members so we can apply our full progression / regression strategies for each of the exercises featured.
- Use Howell’s (1982) conscious/competence model as discussed in module. This will help us understand where our members are ‘at’ and give us a great cueing platform for each individual member.
- Take care of each member and create memorable entertaining sessions.