TribeCORE™ Season Five 2019
Welcome to TribeCORETM Season Five 2019! We are very excited about this new installment and the challenges it brings. We initially start the season with a primary focus of unilateral stability and mobility while increasing base conditioning. Moving unilaterally provides slight but constant variability of movement which helps stimulate adaptably and change. We do this using high volume formulas that increase stress on the target areas over an extended time developing joint strength, stability, mobility and base conditioning. The more stability and strength in the muscles supporting the knees, lumbar/pelvic and scapula/scapulothoracic regions of the body, the better the function, performance and mobility we can affect through our ankles, hips, thoracic spine and shoulders. We then switch focus, utilizing the benefits of the first two weeks we increase the external load, increase training duration and movement complexities to further develop movement control and strength endurance.
Click on the red exercise and it will take you straight to the vimeo support video’s.
Understanding the Whiteboard
We coach the ‘how’s’ and ‘why’s’ of what we do to keep working within our pillar of strength to build integrity from the inside out.
Each session has:
- A Training Objective which we use to explain why we’re training the way we are for each session.
- A detailed description of the Formula and gaming behind each workout.
- Coaching Tips to assist us in delivering world class sessions week after week.
We have developed educational support that will give us some of the essential tools to coach our teams, and everyone in our teams to reach their full training potential. Before beginning to coach this season, we encourage and recommend that you click on the:
1. TRIBE Ready Stance – to learn how to coach and set up for safe movement
2. TRIBE Coaching System – to learn how to coach team members safely and effectively
Note: You can also click on the hyperlinks below to watch vimeo videos to support your learning.
1. TRIBE Ready Stance/Position
2. TRIBE Coaching System
Our focus when delivering the season is to:
- Know the program and study each workout. We have provided some great coaching tips to help us map out our sessions.
- Know our team members so we can apply our full progression / regression strategies for each of the exercises featured.
- Use Howell’s (1982) conscious/competence model as discussed in module. This will help us understand where our members are ‘at’ and give us a great cueing platform for each individual member.
- Take care of each member and create memorable entertaining sessions.