TribeKIDS™ Season Six 2019
Welcome to TribeKIDS™ Season Five 2019. Our focus is on developing team work, speed, agility and relative strength. Team accountability is great to learn from a young age. By being accountable to someone else’s success, we push ourselves just that little bit harder and as a result, get great outcomes as well. We create our development focus by combining teamwork with multidirectional exercises. There is plenty of teamwork in this season for that very reason. This was another hugely fun season to research, test, and develop, and we know your KIDS will love it just as much as we did. From all of us, 3, 2, 1, GO!
Simply click on the red exercise and it will take you straight to the technique videos.
Understanding the Whiteboard
We coach the ‘how’s’ and ‘why’s’ of what we do in a fun way so that kids understand their movement requirements and recognize how it can help them in their day to day life. Each session has the following:
- A Training Objective which we use to explain why we’re training the way we are for each session.
- Handy hints for each Warm Up / Activity.
- A detailed description of the Formula and gaming behind each session.
- Coaching Tips to assist with running fantastic sessions week after week.
We have developed educational support that will give us some of the essential tools to coach our teams, and everyone in our teams to reach their full training potential. Before beginning to coach this season, we encourage and recommend that you click on the:
1. TRIBE Ready Stance – to learn how to coach and set up for safe movement
2. TRIBE Coaching System – to learn how to coach team members safely and effectively
Note: You can also click on the hyperlinks below to watch vimeo videos to support your learning.
1. TRIBE Ready Stance/Position
2. TRIBE Coaching System
Our focus when delivering the season is to:
- Know the program and study each session. We have provided some great coaching tips to help us map out our sessions.
- Know our kids so we can apply our full progression / regression strategies for each of the exercises featured. See TRIBE Ready Stance and TRIBE Coaching System for assistance.
- Use Howell’s (1982) conscious/competence model as discussed in module. This will help us understand where our kids are ‘at’ and give us a great cueing platform for each individual member.
- Take care of each member, connect with their families and create memorable entertaining sessions